Jason Dale Robinson
Jason Dale Robinson, 29, of Camden, died Thursday, November 8. Services were held at 2 p.m. Sunday, November 11, in the chapel of Oakdale Funeral Home with Jarrett Glosson and Jeff McKee officiating. Burial followed at Sandy Point Cemetery. Mr. Robinson was born on January 23, 1978, in Paris. He is survived by his mother, Marcia Thompson Wilson; his father, Everett Dale Robinson; a son, Jalen Dale Robinson; a sister, Heather (Bobby) White; his grandparents, Marilyn (Jim) Miller and William (Dottie) Robinson, all of Camden, and Betty (Charles) Thompson of McKenzie; and two nieces and one nephew.
Domestic Dispute leaves one dead
Camden police are investigating a domestic dispute that left a Holladay man dead Thursday afternoon.
Jason D. Robinson, 29, of 1403 Allen Mills Road in Holladay, suffered a single shotgun wound to his chest, according to a news release Thursday night from Camden Police Chief George Smith. The shooting occurred at 312 Wren Ave. Police responded at about 2 p.m., Smith said in a telephone interview. Robinson died an hour later at Camden General Hospital, Smith said. The homicide was Camden's first this year. The Wren Avenue address is the home of Robinson's girlfriend, Sonja Moore, 39. The person who allegedly shot Robinson is 21-year-old Benita G. Murphy, the news release. Both women told police Robinson was beating up on them when Murphy got the shotgun to defend herself, the release said. "There were signs of abuse on both women," according to the release. Murphy was released pending further investigation and the presentation of the case to the district attorney general. The district attorney will decide what charges, if any, should be filed, Smith said. He expected the case to be turned over to the district attorney today or Tuesday. Murphy does not have an established address in Benton County, Smith said. Her last known address was in Michigan, but Murphy told police she's lived in the county for several years, he said. Murphy and Moore are friends, Smith said. Murphy has lived some at the Wren Avenue address and with other friends, he said. The incident occurred after Murphy admitted to Moore in front of Robinson that Murphy had had an affair with Robinson, Smith said. "It escalated from there," Smith said. "He started beating both the women up." The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is assisting the Camden Police Department in the investigation. Visit jacksonsun.com and share your thoughts. - Tonya Smith-King, 425-9680

Self-defense may be ruled in Camden shooting
Shawn French
Jason Robinson Self-defense may have played a role in the shooting death of a Holladay resident, Jason D. Robinson, 29, Thursday afternoon. The shooter, Benita G. Murphy, 21, was taken into custody at the scene at 312 Wren Ave. in Camden, but was later released pending the District Attorney’s decision on whether or not to file charges. “All of the evidence gathered at the scene has been sent to the crime lab or turned over to the D.A.,” said Camden Police Chief George Smith. “It is up to them whether or not we charge her.” According to District Attorney Hansel McCadams, his office will likely meet with TBI agents next week to make the decision. If charges are filed, the case will most likely go to the grand jury. Benton County Central Dispatch received the call at approximately 2 p.m. Thursday that there was a woman standing in the front yard at the Wren Avenue address, a residence well known to local law enforcement for domestic situations, holding a gun, which had been fired, and that a man was lying on the ground. Upon arriving at the scene, officers from the Camden Police Department and Benton County Sheriff’s Department discovered Robinson laying on the ground with a gunshot wound to the chest, but still alive. He was transported to the Camden Elk’s Lodge to be airlifted, but passed away before take off. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation was later called to the scene According to Chief Smith, Murphy was still on the scene when officers arrived, along with Robinson’s girlfriend Sonya Moore, who lived at the residence and witnessed the shooting. The 12-gauge shotgun used in the shooting was laying on the ground in the front yard. Smith said that Murphy surrendered peacefully to the officers and cooperated with the investigation. Both women told investigators that Robinson had been beating up on both of them, prompting Murphy to grab the gun and fire. Smith confirmed that both women did show signs of abuse. “This case is still under investigation by both the TBI and the Camden Police Department,” said Smith. [Source: Carroll County NEWS-LEADER]